太累了,打英文快一点。

Of all things one should not do when away from home, I’ll say its self-doubt. I keep wondering why the hell did I choose this country in the first place. Not only I think to myself, but also to answer when the local student ask. But then again, I’m already here, the only way out is suck it up and learn. Its my first week in Hong Kong. Still blur about how the little things in their daily lives function. But for now, it’s probably not thc changes in environment that’s bothering me.I don’t know what is it. The locals are nice and I’ve been seeing faces which reminds me of home. My orientation camp roomie, is also Jacqueline. Looks 80% like Nichelle. Saw a Wei Jian look alike on the train and loads of random Malaysians I know. The brain still thinks that we’re in Boleh Land,lol. Ironically, the local thinks I’m one of them if I kept quiet about my nationality.(lol, I’ll assume that my canto speaking sounds local enough XD) The fact that I’m here in an unfamiliar land hasn’t sunk in yet, hopefully this difficult transition period goes by smoothly.

Alright,enough with the emo thoughts. Just a not-so-brief update for my family to see.

Pa & Mi,
I’m okay, just that the procedure went a little haywire, there are lots of New Asia seniors helping me and even let me sleep in their room when I have no where else to go before the move in date. So right now the biggest concern which is accommodation is taken care of, Isaac is helping me,don’t worry. There are still lots of bits and pieces to pick up here, I can manage them. The biggest advantage I have is being able to speak a few languages. So yea, see ang mo speak English, see Hong Kee speak canto, see china men speak Mandarin. Asking around makes life easier rather than looking at the stupid instruction manual. I’ve been taking my vitamins and eating regularly, no fast food, lots of water, had char siew fan for lunch yesterday and chicken porridge. Its always sunny here, but not as hot as Malaysia, very breezy being on top of the mountain. Ms. Annie from admission department invited me to dinner on today, so I’ll be speaking to her hopefully to clarify as many things as possible.

When I went to submit my course major selection form, they told me Chinese new writing class is full and I’ll have to go into the English class, the worst part is that I can’t switch back to join the Chinese class next semester, meaning my 3 year degree will be in English. I’m not gonna take “no” for an answer if the teaching content is totally different. I’ve asked a journalism senior, she said I have more than enough reasons to ask the professor to open another place for me,chances are high. I’ll go talk to Mr. Chow and see what comes up. By hook or by crook, I’ll make sure I get myself in.

Oh by the way,I was teaching my group how to swear in Malay during lunch, haha,typical. It took them a while to bring themselves to make such a request,like “um…erm…do you Malaysian have special terms for swearing? You know how to swear in Malay?”. So yea, the whole table was trying to pronounce words like PKM and CB loudly in a restaurant and I pray hard that there’s no Malaysian or Singaporean present.

I’m missing the feeling of being so sure of how things works in Malaysia. It is scary to be left all alone with zero contact with the people I know. Not that the people aren’t nice, they answer all my questions, even the lame ones. Its a pain in the ass reading their style of writing. They’re Chinese words but written in how you speak Cantonese e.g. Keng Gai = 倾计= chat

I think that’s all for now, don’t want to blind my readers with bad English. I’ve taken some pictures during the HK tour, let me get all the important things done and I’ll update. I love you!~

4 留言:

C.C, 说...

Good life! jiayou!

猫咪 说...

终于有娜的消息了~
昨晚猫咪上来看,还在想娜应该是忙着适应新环境和新朋友,所以才那么久都没更新吧~
猫咪可就不懂广东话了,下次去香港自助旅行应该会闹很多鸡同鸭讲的笑话~
加油哦~猫咪对娜有百分之一百的信心!

说...

PeACe@ thanks!

猫咪@ 其实很想更新,每次打好稿子了却找不到地方连接,校方又还没发Login ID 和密码给新生,所以靠着微弱的WiFi讯号勉强上网。现在住进国际生宿舍才有LAN plugin可以用。香港的互联网速度有够惊人的!等我把照片整理好就有比较精彩的内容啦!~

猫咪 说...

好啊~
等猫咪考完试,应该会较常上来看看~